McAdams Award Honoree Remarks - 2015
ABHP Vice Chair Andy Miller with 2015 McAdams Awardee Nora Nicholson
I thank the Board and the Academy for this award. I am truly honored. This award is a reflection of the teamwork and support of everyone I've worked with on the Panels and the Board.
Being on the Panels and the Board has been a great experience. It's an opportunity to work with and learn from a diverse group of talented and generous health physicists. I encourage you to do this also.
Today I'm especially grateful to those who have been so helpful to me.
- My parents, for their love and guidance;
- Carl Paperiello, a true mentor and who encouraged me to become certified;
- Jerry Hiatt, who recommended I join the Part I Panel;
- Members of the 2014 ABHP; a great group of people to work with; and
- Nancy Johnson, whose insights, hard work, and great memory have helped make the ABHP the strong certifying organization it is today.